Conservative advocacy groups on Thursday asked the Federal Communication Commission to refuse a complaint about the news of the CBS “60 minutes” interview with the then Vice president, Kamala Harris, which aired in October.
The Center for Individual Freedom, Americans for Tax Reform, Taxpayers’ Protection Alliance and other groups called on FCC Brendan Carr to complete the investigation into the Paramount Global Unit, saying that an unfavorable CBS decision would constitute the regulatory excess and previously armed. “
FCC is considering if the broadcast violates the rules of “news distortion”.

Although the agency is forbidden to censor or violate the rights of the first media change, the broadcasters cannot deliberately distort the news.
Groups also asked FCC to “take steps to reduce the commission’s ability to be involved in adjustments and reviews based on content.”
The groups said there were legal concerns about previous actions aimed at the conservatives, but said the best course was to eliminate the rules on news distortion complaints.
“We understand and appreciate why many conservatives will seek to” play field level “and undergo other media organizations – such as CBS Paramount’s parent company – in the same regulatory pond that has long affected conservative media,” groups said.
Carr said in an email to Reuters he was refusing the group request to immediately dismiss the complaint against CBS.
“Review of FCC for complaint against CBS remains active and onwards,” he said.
The American Union of Civil Freedoms said that there was no basis for investigating.
“To conduct an investigation into the news distortion without a piece of evidence seems to intend to harass CBS and soothe those who present disregarded views,” the group said.

CBS, which is owned by Paramount Global, said earlier this month that the sanctioning of the company during the interview “would clearly violate the first change by replacing the government’s editorial judgment on that of CBS and its journalists.”
A complaint claims that CBS violates FCC rules for “news distortion”. The network broadcast part of Harris’s response to “Face the Nation” and another in “60 minutes”.
CBS returned the uncontrolled video and transcription to the FCC that made it public as well as the broadcaster.
President Trump has sued CBS for $ 20 billion during broadcasting. Paramount is seeking FCC approval for a coupling of $ 8.4 billion with Skydance Media.
Last month, FCC returned complaints about “60 minutes” interview with Harris, as well as how Walt Disney’s ABC News moderated the debate before elections between then President Joe Biden and Trump, as well as against Comcast to let Harris appear on the “Saturday Night” she lost in Trump.
The previous FCC chairman rejected those complaints.
#Conservative #groups #require #FCC #complete #interview #probe #Harris #minutes #rejected
Image Source : nypost.com